< Terms & Conditions
1. Combet Pty Ltd ATF The Combet Unit Trust (ABN 79 312 881 812) is a company registered in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001. Combet is licenced and regulated by the Greyhound Welfare Integrity Commission (GWIC) and approved by the NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing (NSWLG&R) to accept wagers over the internet.
3. To open a wagering account with Combet you must be aged 18 years or older. A "Client" is a person who holds an Account. Any reference to "you" or "your" in these rules is a reference to a Client.
4. You agree that the service offered by Combet is the ability to place a bet with the possibility of a win or a loss.
5. Any rule is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the person seeking to rely on the Rules to ensure they are referring to the most recent Rules published on www.combet.com.au
6. In the event that any Terms outlined in this document fail to address some unforeseen situation, then L&GNSW rules or rulings will apply.
1. Clients are responsible for ensuring that their records, particularly address, telephone number, and payment/bank details, are kept up-to-date and notify us immediately of any incorrect account details. If a Client has not kept their records up to date, Combet reserves the right to close the Account.
2. The client agrees that by registering with Combet, their contact details, including email address, mobile number and mailing address, may be used by Combet to keep them informed about their account and the services of Combet. Combet does not sell personal information to other companies.
3. There are limited circumstances in which external organisations may be given access to your personal information. An example is when a sporting or racing governing body (Australian or State) requests betting and/or client information to assist the governing body with a legitimate inquiry in respect to maintaining the integrity of the sport.
4. You maintain ownership rights to your personal information, however in the event of a business transition, such as a merger, corporate reorganisation or purchase of part or all assets owned by Combet, we may transfer your personal information to a successor entity.
6. It is the Client's responsibility to ensure that their password is kept confidential. If a Client suspects that their details may no longer be confidential, they should notify Combet immediately. Providing identity can be confirmed, passwords can be reset online and via contacting Combet directly. Upon notification of the new details, Combet reserves the right to invalidate any future transactions which utilise the previous details.
7. If a client wishes for another individual to have access to their account (including family member, business partner etc.) this must first be approved by Combet and details for that person provided. The Client remains solely responsible for their account, including but not limited to transactions and bets made by any authorised individual. This is only permitted under a Power of Attorney.
8. Clients will be responsible for all wagers placed on their Combet account using their password unless they have notified Combet as per the rule above. Any wager made where the password have been used will be regarded by Combet as being valid and may not be changed, canceled or modified unless the Client informs Combet as soon as practicable after the wager was placed (but before the event has commenced) that the wager was made in error and the initial wager shall only be voided and replaced with another wager at the sole discretion of Combet management.
9.Where a client opens an account with Combet, the client must comply with points set out in Client Identification Requirements to our satisfaction to fully activate your account, and deposit or withdraw funds
Client Identification Requirements
1. When signing up for a Combet account, clients will be requested to provide: Drivers Licence Number, Full Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email Address and Residential Address.
2. Combet uses FrankieOne (a 3rd party online verification system) to verify a client's identity automatically upon opening an account.
3. The identity of a client must be verified by FrankieOne prior to being able to deposit, withdraw or place bets.
4. The verification process will happen seamlessly upon registration. In the event that the FrankieOne system is unable to confirm a client's identity, Combet will contact the client, requesting further proof of identification.
5. Clients are required to be verified within 14 days of opening an Account. If the Client's identification has not been verified within 14 days, the account will be closed.
Deposits and Withdrawals
1. All deposits and withdrawals are securely made using the New Payments Platform (NPP), via Zepto as Combet’s preferred third party payment provider.
2. Upon signing up for an account, all clients are issued with a unique PayID that can be used to deposit funds instantly into their Combet account. A client can find their unique PayID by clicking on the Deposit Button.
3. Should a client not use their unique PayID for a deposit for a period of 15 months, the PayID will be deregistered in accordance with NPP rules. A new PayID can be generated through the Deposit section of the Combet website viewed after clicking the Deposit Button. Clients must exercise diligence in ensuring they pay funds to the correct PayID, and Combet accepts no liability for funds paid to the incorrect PayID.
4. Combet does not accept payments by credit or debit cards as a means of providing a higher level of security and limiting risks associated with fraud and responsible gambling.
5. Whilst Combet processes deposits and withdrawals instantly through the Zepto platform, clients might experience a delay of up to 24 hours for their first deposit as a security measure enforced by the clients bank. Any delays are outside of Combet’s control and should be followed up directly with the clients bank. In addition to delays associated with first time deposits, on rare occasions, further delays may occur due to technical error with the NPP, or anti-fraud activity conducted by your Bank. These delays are again outside Combet’s control.
6. For security reasons, deposits will only be accepted if the funds are coming from a bank account that contains the same name as the Combet account holder.
7. Withdrawals can only be made to bank accounts where funds have been deposited from. The Zepto platform collects this information after a deposit is made. If you require a withdrawal to be sent to a different bank account, you must provide Combet with evidence of the account being held in your name. A bank statement with sensitive information redacted will suffice for the purposes of this requirement.
8. As an Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing measure, all deposited monies must be turned over at least once, prior to being withdrawn.
9. The Combet system endeavors to process all withdrawal requests instantly through the Zepto platform. Any delays are likely to be with the clients bank and are unfortunately outside of Combet’s control. Should you experience a delay with receiving funds, please contact your bank.
10. Combet does not offer credit or credit betting.
1. Combet reserves the right to withhold deposited funds and/or winnings from resulted bets when we believe any fraudulent activity involving deposits or withdrawals may have occurred.
2. Combet will report any inappropriate or fraudulent activity to the relevant authority. The Client's Account may also be permanently closed.
3. Combet reserves the right to close the Accounts of, and void any or all bets made by any person, group, or corporation in an attempt to defraud Combet.
4. Combet does not accept credit card payments, as a measure of reducing fraud.
5. Combet only allows deposits and withdrawals to be made via the Zepto payment system as a way of reducing fraud.
6. As an integrity measure, employees, subcontractors, or other agents of Combet are prohibited from betting with Combet, and any account of such agents may be closed without notice at Combet’s discretion.
1. Combet does not allow persons under the age of 18 years to hold an account. If any person under 18, for example your children have access to the computer you use to log into the Combet website, we recommend the installation of a child protection software package. (Eg Net Nanny)
2. If any price offered on our website is clearly an operator error or a result of a technical malfunction or malicious attack, we reserve the right to cancel bets placed at this price prior to the commencement of the event whereby all cancelled wagers will be timestamped accordingly. Combet will endeavour to notify the client as soon as possible.
3. Where a bet is accepted, or paid, but is clearly the result of technical error, we reserve the right to cancel the applicable bet. This includes, for example, the deduction of a return added to a client’s account balance as a result of an incorrectly resulted race.
4. Combet has made considerable efforts to ensure it operates in a fair, prompt and accurate manner. Save to the extent permitted by law (and only to such an extent), Combet excludes all warranties (express or implied) relating to its wagering business and shall not have any liability for direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, expense or injury suffered by any Client.
5. Combet's liability in respect of any claim or loss shall be limited in amount to the relevant wager placed by a client.
6. Combet takes all care in ensuring information available on the website is accurate and correct, however if there is an error, Combet takes no responsibility for any wagers that may have been placed as a result and clients acknowledge that they have not relied on anything other than their own independent research when placing wagers of any kind.
7. Combet reserves the right to void any or all wagers made by any individual or group of people acting together either in an attempt to defraud Combet or to gain financial benefit through the manipulation of prices. This can include, but is not limited to, persons, relatives, organisations, bookmakers and their employees.
8. If Combet has reasons to believe the account is being operated by anyone other than the account holder, the account will be closed until such time Combet is satisfied the account is indeed being operated by the nominated account holder.
9. A rule specified on an individual market supersedes any conflicting General Rules that might otherwise apply to that market, unless the individual market rule is an obvious error.
10. Combet abides by all legislated Minimum Bet Obligations.
1. Combet makes every reasonable effort to prevent self-excluded customers from returning and using our service. If you wish to self-exclude yourself, please contact Combet via the Contact Us page, or by filling out the form in the Responsible Gambling section in your Client Profile section.
2. If you have self-excluded, you must not attempt to open an account or place any bets with Combet. If you do open a duplicate account whilst you are self-excluded you are fully liable for your actions and for all activity and bets placed on your account.
3. Combet does not market or promote to individuals younger than 18 years old, and we do not market to individuals for whom gambling has become a problem.
4. For more information, please refer to Combet's Responsible Gambling Policy.
5. All bets on an Account are considered to be placed and received in the State of NSW, Australia.
1. Whilst Combet will endeavour to provide services and support of the highest quality, Combet understands that from time to time disputes may arise regarding the application of these Terms and/or the operation of the Combet wagering business. All disputes shall be dealt with in accordance with the principles outlined in this section.
2. Combet recommends our clients attempt to resolve any dispute informally by contacting Combet in the first instance.
3. Any dispute raised under this section should be made in writing to Combet, specifically identifying the correspondence as a Dispute via the Combet Contact Us page. Combet will acknowledge receipt of such disputes.
4. Combet will endeavour to resolve any dispute within 28 days of receiving and acknowledging it. During this period, Combet reserves the right to close the account of the client in order to assist with any required investigations. The outcome of the dispute shall be advised to the client in writing.
5. Should any dispute not be resolved to the satisfaction of a client, any complaint can be directed to the Greyhound Welfare Integrity Commission (GWIC), the regulator of Combet. Combet agrees to be bound by any GWIC ruling, and/or regulatory finding.
Placement and Acceptance of Bets
1. Combet reserves the right at any time to refuse any bet or part of a bet without providing a reason or advance notification. The circumstances in which we may refuse a Client's bet include but are not limited to:
- Client is or may be less than 18 years of age;
- Client is or may be betting on behalf of a person who is less than 18 years of age;
- Client is or may be in breach of these Terms;
- Client is or may be in breach of any applicable law; or
- Client's proposed bet would present an unacceptable liability risk to our business. Whether there is an unacceptable liability risk to us for the purpose of this Rule is at Combet's discretion.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that Combet rejects only part of a bet, the Client irrevocably consents to the submission and acceptance of the balance of said bet.
3. When a client places a bet on their account, the bet is accepted by Combet after the client places, and then confirms their wager using the confirm button on the Combet website. A bet confirmation message will be received by the client, accompanied with a unique bet ID.
4. In accordance with the bet confirmation process, clients are unable to change or cancel a bet once the bet has been accepted.
5. If a client contacts Combet after confirming a bet, Combet is under no obligation to cancel the bet. However, at its discretion, Combet may consider voiding or replacing the bet with another wager, providing the event has not commenced, contact is made within a reasonable timeframe, a valid reason provided and no significant cost is incurred by Combet.
6. At all times, clients will be able to view all transactions applicable to their account, including pending and resulted bets, and where requested, print a report of these transactions.
7. The minimum bet amount for bets placed via the Combet website is 1c (one AUD cent)
8. The return for any winning bet that contains a fraction of a cent, shall be rounded up to the nearest whole cent.
9. If Combet does not suspend a market on time (i.e. before a race begins), Combet reserves the right to void any bets placed after the start of the race, ie. “In the run”. Voiding of these bets may occur during the event or retrospectively once an event is completed.
10. Combet does not accept bets over the telephone or in person. All bets are to be placed via the Combet website, located at www.combet.com.au.
11. Combet does not offer Sports or other declared events.
12. Combet offers racing Win betting only. Combet does not offer Place Betting, Exotics, Multi's or Tote Products of any kind.
13. During the premarket stage (when markets are not yet up) clients may place an “Order” which is essentially a win bet at a reserve price, as nominated by the client. Orders remain open until such time as they are filled; or until a race starts, at which point the order lapses if not yet filled. Whilst orders are open and unfilled, the order may be removed, or amended, but can not be amended to a profit greater than the maximum win limit determined by Combet for that race. New orders can only be opened during the premarket stage.
14. As a responsible gambling measure, Combet provides a Max Bet button, which restricts customers to placing a maximum bet in accordance with minimum bet laws (MBL’s).
15. The odds offered by Combet and displayed on Combet’s website, may change automatically through all stages of the market. For the avoidance of doubt, any odds on display refer to Fixed Odds Win Markets only, and do not refer to any other contingency, bet type, or otherwise different wagering product/service.
1. Combet maintains a resolute commitment to racing and wagering integrity, above and beyond it’s obligations to the Greyhound Welfare Integrity Commission (GWIC) or Liquor and Gaming NSW (L&GNSW).
2. To assure wagering integrity, Combet will monitor and analyse all bets, on both an individual and collective basis. Analysis of a client's collective betting history may result in Combet forming a view on the usual pattern of betting conducted by a specific client using their Combet account.
3. Suspicious betting behaviour may include, but is not limited to:
customers who appear to be placing bets on behalf of a third party
bets that fall outside the higher and lower end of the usual bet stake
bets that are placed with a high value for only a small return
multiple bets placed on many runners in the same race by one person, or a group of persons acting together
large bets placed on runners returning from a spell where the runner does not have any recent racing from
bets placed on a high odds runner in the same race where a trainer (or trainer's known associate) has other runners in the same race where the race contains a short priced favourite
noticeable lack of betting activity on a particular runner when the runner should usually be attracting betting activity
4. Any bets, including single bets that appear suspicious, or a changed pattern of betting behaviour by a client, may result in immediate permanent closure of a client’s account, temporary closure of a client’s account to allow investigation, or referral to GWIC, AUSTRAC, or another similar Government Agency.
Racing (Thoroughbred / Greyhounds / Racing)
1. All markets provided on Combet are Win Only.
2. If a runner is scratched, all bets placed after the declaration of the final field, will be refunded on that runner. All other runners will be subject to a deduction in accordance with Combet's Deduction Method.
3. If a meeting (and/or race) is abandoned or postponed to another date, all bets are void and monies refunded.
4. If a meeting (and/or race) is transferred from one racecourse (or surface) to another, all bets are void and monies refunded.
5. In the event of a race changing distance, but remaining on the same day, racecourse, and surface, all bets will stand.
6. Combet reserves the right to cancel any bet where Combet considers the bet is unfairly advantaged in regards to starting times of events. In the event of a bet being cancelled, Combet will notify the customer as soon as possible.
7. In the event of a Dead Heat, tickets will be paid out at face value divided by the number of Dead Heating winners of the event.
8. Combet's service is intended for Bona Fide Clients, that is, those clients who act at all times in good faith, sincerely, without fraud or intentions of manipulation.
9. Combet reserves the right to refuse the whole or part of any wager.
1. Combet’s deductions are shown as percentages and are mathematically calculated to two decimal places for accuracy and fairness for the benefit of both Combet and the client.
2. For the purposes of Deductions, the following definitions apply in this section:
3. If there is a scratching in a race, Combet calculates the deduction as follows:
4. If a second horse is scratched, the above method is applied to the second horse as follows:
5. However, as a result of the second horse being scratched, and in fairness to the client (to avoid the practice of “double dipping”) a reduction must be applied to the first runner. This reduction is calculated as follows:
First Horses Deduction x (1 - Second Horses Deduction)
E.g. 11.91% x (1 - 13.88%)
11.91% x 86.12% = 10.26% (New Deduction for First Horse)
6. If a third runner is scratched, the initial deduction method is applied to the third horse as follows:
7. However, as a result of the third horse being scratched, (and in fairness to the client) a reduction to all previous runners must be applied as shown below:
8. The same process occurs for each additional scratched horse.
9. In the event that two horses are scratched at the same time, their deductions are calculated as per the original method as laid out under item 2.
10. In the event there was a previous scratching (or scratchings), and for the purposes of calculating the reduction of the earlier runner (or runners), the deductions of the two runners scratched at the same time would be added together.
11. All deductions are calculated off the runners price, at the exact time it is removed from the market.
12. Combet endeavours to remove a runners price as soon as it is made aware of the scratching.
13. Combet reserves the right to reduce a deduction if it is unfairly high. For the avoidance of doubt, this adjustment will always weigh in the favour of the customer.